In February 1951 San Francisco Municipal Railway placed the order to St.Louis Car Co. for 25 all-electric PCC cars (Job 1675). The Muni two-man cars like the 1006-1015, and a drawing was made of a single-end car with exit door at the rear and standee windows, however Muni was obliged to accept the standard exta-wide PCC car design as St.Louis Car Co. was getting out of streetcar manufacturing business. The 1016-1040 series, or Baby Tens, were the last PCC streetcars to be built in the United States. They were delivered to San Francisco between October 1951 and March 1952 and were placed in service on the B Geary line, where they remained only a short time, followed by L Taraval, and then K Ingleside. The cars were equipped for two-man operation with 58 seats.
Available By Special Order