Washington's Capital Transit Co. acquired its first White 798 during the World War II, when 145 coaches were allocated to the nation's capital by ODT. Pleased with Whites, Capital Transit Co. placed a 100-bus order after the war and new coaches arrived in 1947 (5100-5149) and 1948 (5150-5199). These buses had a three-part front destination sign and double curb-side signs as well. They arrived in then standard CTCo bus silver livery and were fitted with Hydrotorque automatic transmission.
NEW MODEL - AVAILABLE BY SPECIAL ORDER