1929/30 West Penn Railways Co. Valley Route Cincinnati Car Co. Curved-side Car (831-842 series)
In 1929 West Penn Railways Co. ordered twelve Curved-side cars from Cincinnati Car Co. for use on Allegheny Valley Street Railway connecting Aspenwall, New Kensington, Tarentum and Natrona on the Allegheny River north-east of Pittsburgh. They were built at end of they year and were delivered to West Penn system early in 1930. They were the last Curved-side cars built by Cincinnati Car Co. Wheels on these lightweight cars were only 22" diameter. These modern cars served the Valley Route until May 1937 when the highway project forced that line out of existence. The cars were transferred to Connellsville.
NEW MODEL Available by Special Order Only