In August 1940 Capital Transit Co. placed their fifth PCC order for 35 cars to St.Louis Car Co. (Job 1627), which were delivered to Washington in February-March 1941. This group was used to open the new Southwest Mall service (route 70) from Silver Spring via Georgia Ave. and 7th St. Cars 1268-1284 were WH-equipped and cars 1285-1302 were GE-equipped. They had the full length standard St.Louis Car Co. cowling and had super resilent wheels. These cars had a sander on right side and there were a large vents in the rearmost side windows. This group of cars was the first fitted with ads rack. All were fitted with dash lights in 1945-47.
This model may be ordered with beige painted headlight wings or without headlight wings on special request.
Available by Special Order