In October 1939 Capital Transit Co. placed their fourth PCC order for 34 cars to St.Louis Car Co. (Job 1622), which were delivered to Washington between July and September 1940. This group was ordered for use on Cabin John (20) and U St. (90 and 92). Cars 1234-1250 were WH-equipped and cars 1251-1267 were GE-equipped. A modified design of the cowling was used (same as on Pittsburgh 1200-series PCC cars). These cars had a sander on right side, there were a large vents in the rearmost side windows and they were fitted with super resilent wheels. Only three cars of this group received a drum brakes (1255, 1257 and 1259), all were fitted with dash lights.
This model may be ordered with beige painted headlight wings or without headlight wings on special request.
Available by Special Order