In January 1939 Capital Transit Co. placed their third PCC order for 38 cars to St.Louis Car Co. (Job 1618), which were delivered to Washington in June-July 1939. Their delivery, together with installation of new loops, permitted the upgrading of service on routes 70, 72 and 74. Cars 1196-1213 were WH-equipped and cars 1214-1233 were GE-equipped. These cars differed from first two orders by having a longer cowling (no other PCC cars had this style cowling), a wing vents on the rearmost side windows, a sander on the right side only, a super resilent wheels, an 49-seat configuration and standard interior lights. As other Washington PCCs, the 1196-1233 class was refurbished after the war, some cars received a drum brakes, all were fitted with dash lights.
This model may be ordered with beige painted headlight wings or without headlight wings on special request.
Available by Special Order