In February 1938 Capital Transit Co. placed the second PCC order for 50 cars to St.Louis Car. Co. (Job 1614), which were delivered to Washington in July-August 1938. They were intended for routes 40 and 42. This group of Washington PCCs had a full width anticlimber and the blinker doors were replaced by folding doors. They had a sander on left side only. 30 cars were WH-equipped (1146-1175) and remaining (1176-1195) were fitted with GE equipment. As 1101-1145 series cars, they had 50 seats, the interior lights were also "Chicago"-style. Starting from 1940, this class was fitted with three small roof ventilators and ad rack on right front. As 1101-1145 series cars, the 1146-1195 group went through Capital Transit's refitting progam in 1947-48. They received dash lights, driver's vent, the outward swinging rear windows were replaced with the sliding panel type and they were repainted inside and out. The 1146-1175 series cars received a blue interiors as on experimentally painted PCC 1487 and cars of 1176-1195 series received a gray interior with bright red seats. The refit also included the replacement of tread brakes on all cars of 1146-1195 series.
This model may be ordered with beige painted headlight wings or without headlight wings on special request.
ONE AVAILABLE NOW