1946 Twin Coach 44-D (Detroit Department of Street Railways 4901-4930 series).
First thirty 44-passenger Twins model 44-D were delivered to Detroit in December 1946 and were numbered into 4901-4930 series. They had dual 6-cylinder gasoline engines but they were rebuilt with single motors very soon. While most of the DSR's gasoline-powered coaches were retired by 1962, the gasoline-powered Twins would remain in service a few years longer, being primarily used on lighter-service routes such as John R. North and Woodrow Wilson. [Photo: Jim Husing Collection].
Twin Coach Model 44-S/44-D - for release in 2017.