1938 Toronto Transportation Commission Canadian Car & Foundry PCC (Order 1229, A-1 class, 4000-4149 series) - early 1960s livery.
During long service life, class A-1 cars saw many revisions: front and rear bumpers were added, skirting was modified and interior was revised. Most of the class A-1 cars were sold to Alexandria, Egypt in 1966-1968, other were withdrawn from service by 1969. Car 4000 was preserved by Ontario Electric Railway Historical Association in 1966. [Photo: Joe Testagrose collection].
NEW MODEL FOR RELEASE 2017