1938 Toronto Transportation Commission Canadian Car & Foundry PCC (Order 1229, A-1 class, 4000-4149 series).
Toronto Transporation Commission paid advance royalties on 100 PCC cars and in March 1938 placed its first order for 140 PCC cars. The PC-1 class (designated class A-1 in 1944) was delivered to Toronto between August and November 1938. They were numbered 4000-4149 and full-time scheduled service on the St.Clair line with PCC cars began on September 23, 1938. [Photo: TTC]
NEW MODEL FOR RELEASE 2017