1944/45 Toronto Transportation Commission Canadian Car & Foundry PCC (Orders 1550/1602, A-4/A-5 classes, 4260-4274 & 4275-4299 series) - original livery.
In March 1942 Toronto Transportation Commission placed an order for 55 PCC cars with Canadian Car & Foundry, but the United States War Production board allocated only 50 cars to Canada, of which only 15 went to Toronto. St.Louis Car Co. shipped fifteen partially completed bodies in primer coat to Canada (Job 1636), where they were completed by CC&F and delivered to Toronto in January-February 1944. These cars were numbered 4260-4274 (class A-4) and were assigned to St.Clair division. As on all war-time cars, the aluminum trim moldings over the front door and rear windows were omitted and were imitated with paint stripes. The interiors on the A-4 class was the same as on A-3 class, delivered in 1942, but the seating on the off-side was changed to provide a two sets of double seats facing the center door, after the war the interior configuration was returned to normal. Other 25 cars of 1942 order were built in 1945; as usual the bodies were built by St.Louis Car Co. (Job 1643) and were delivered to Canada in December 1944-February 1945; the completed cars of TTC Class A-5 (4274-4299) arrived in Toronto in 1945. They were 100% identical to class A-4. The arrival of class A-5 cars permitted the replacement of Peter Witt cars on Dupont route in April 1945.
Available by Pre-Order for Summer 2009 delivery.