In 1942 Cleveland Interurban Railroad (CIRR) - Shaker Heights Rapid Transit from 1944, acquired six Cincinnati Car Co. Curved-side cars from Intercity Rapid Transit (IRT). These cars were built for Indianapolis & Southeastern Rairoad Co. in 1928 and 1929 which ran them until 1932 and then they were purchased by IRT. The cars arrived in the Kingsbury Yard of CIRR in April 1941. The cars were renovated at a cost of $20,650 and first of them were placed in service in November 1941, all were in service by first half of 1942. They were numbered into 60-65 series and they work very hard during the war and in 1946 they received a general overhaul during which a smoking compartments were removed. After arrival of the Pullman-Standard PCC cars in 1948, the Cuved-side cars were sold to the Milwaukee Rapid Transit and Speedrail in 1949.
New Model Pre-Order
Photo: Don Ross Collection