1946 San Francisco Municipal Railway St.Louis Car Co. PCC (Job 1655; 1101-1170 series; ex-SLPS, acq. in 1957-62) with advertisements (not applied) and modified rear windows with cream paint.
San Francisco Municipal Railway acquired 70 PCC's from St.Louis Public Service Co. between 1957 and 1962. The first 66 cars were leased in 1957 (purchased in 1963) and 4 more cars were purchased in 1962. This group was numbered 1101-1170. All of these cars were reconditioned and repainted in MUNI colors at SLPS Park Shops before being shipped to San Francisco. With the arrival of the 1100-class Muni was able convert to full-time PCC operation on its remaining five lines. The 1016 class was assigned to the J-Church because of the hills on that line. The 1100s ran on the other lines. (Later after the brakes were rebuilt a limited number of 1100's saw service on the J). Last 1100-class cars were withdrawn from regular service (except 1128 renumbered 1704) in September of 1982.
This model has the modified rear windows with cream paint.
Advertisements are available with model for the modeler to install.
Available by Special Order