San Francisco Municipal Railway acquired 70 PCC's from St.Louis Public Service Co. between 1957 and 1962. The first 66 cars were leased in 1957 (purchased in 1963) and 4 more cars were purchased in 1962. This group was numbered 1101-1170. All of these cars were reconditioned and repainted in MUNI colors at SLPS Park Shops before being shipped to San Francisco. With the arrival of the 1100-class Muni was able convert to full-time PCC operation on its remaining five lines. The 1016 class was assigned to the J-Church because of the hills on that line. The 1100s ran on the other lines. (Later after the brakes were rebuilt a limited number of 1100's saw service on the J). Last 1100-class cars were withdrawn from regular service (except 1128 renumbered 1704) in September of 1982.
Cars will have original rear windows.
ADVERTISEMENTS ARE INCLUDED WITH EACH MODEL-INSTALLS EASILY.
Available by Special Order