1945/46 Pittsburgh Railways Co. St.Louis Car Co. PCC (Job 1646; 1601-1629; 1631-1699 series).
In January 1944 Pittsburgh Railways Co. ordered 100 more PCC cars from St.Louis Car Co. (Job 1646). Car 1600 of that order was finished as first post-war all-electric PCC with standee windows, but remaining 99 cars were built with standard pre-war body design, however thay had an air-operated drum brakes and extended dynamic braking and they were fitted with dash lights. The 1601-1699 series cars were shipped to Pittsburgh between July 1945 and January 1946, all were built as regular city cars. Two cars of the Pittsburgh order (1674 and 1675) were diverted to Detroit and replacement car bodies were produced on Job 1646B in January 1946. Twelve cars of the 1601-1699 series (1613-1619 and 1644-1648) were modified for interurban service in 1946-1948. The 'stock' version represents the 'as delivered' condition with cream canvas roof and trolley pole shroud. Dark gray canvas roof version may be available on request. PRCo logo also may be applied on the model at request.
In 1:48 scale