The Philadelphia Rapid Transit Co. (PRT) was the largest single trolley company that was not a member of the Electric Railway Presidents Conference Committee, however in March 1938 the company placed an order with St.Louis Car Co. (Job 1612) for twenty PCC cars. They were delivered in July 1938 and numbered 2001-2005.
The very attractive silver livery was introduced with these cars, they were placed in service on route 53 Wayne Ave. being assigned to the Luzerne depot.
These cars will have the Philadelphia Transportation Co. logo, side route number and advertisements on the car sides.
With advertisements on car sides.