In November 1939, California Public Utilities Commission ordered Pacific Electric to restore rail service on the Glendale-Burbank line with PCC cars. In February 1940 thirty double-ended cars were ordered from Pullman-Standard. All cars were ordered with new Westinghouse multiple control system that would allow these PCCs to be coupled into trains. Seventeen cars went into service on the Glendale-Burbank line in November 1940 and in the following January, the other thirteen started running on the Venice Short Line; because of the poor track on the latter line all cars were assigned to Glendale-Burbank, where they ran until the abandonment in 1956. Starting from July 1952, all cars went through a complete freshening program at the PE's main Torrance shops complex. After three years of storage in the subway, all 30 cars were sold to General Urquiza Railway in Buenos Aires, Argentina. None of them were preserved.