During the 1950's, the Brooklyn PCC cars saw additional modifications. In addition to front and rear skirting, modified in 1940's, the short original front and rear anticlimbers were replaced by readily available full-width castings, and wings around the headlight were omitted. The trolley pole shroud color was changed from silver to green and the windshield wiper cowl was painted silver instead of green. Most of the 100 car fleet of PCC's soldiered on until their 20th birthday in October 1956, but on October 31, 1956 the last cars were operated on Church and McDonald Avenues, thus ending over the 60 years of streetcar service. Car 1001 was preserved at the Shoreline Trolley Museum in Brandford, Connecticut.
May be ordered with green or silver wings around headlight.
Available by Pre-Order