Nineteen remaining cars of the Tremont class (car 3010 was scrapped in 1954 after wrecked) were extensively overhauled at the Everett Shop in the Spring of 1959. Multiple unit controls were installed and the brakes were changed from outside shoe to drum mounted so they could train with other MU equipped PCC
cars. In July 1959 this class was assigned to the Reservoir Carhouse for Riverside, Beacon Street and Commonwealth Avenue service. In 1960 each car received a
roof mounted headlight.
SOLD OUT - ACCEPTING BACK ORDERS
Boston "Tremont" class PCC project is reinstalled for release in the first half of 2016. Accepting pre-orders