75 cars from the first series of the Wartime M.U. PCC cars retained their original design when most of this class of cars were equipped with roof monitors in 1948-1950. They received the nickname "flat tops". Starting from August of 1947 when the Metropolitan Transit Authority acquired the property of the Boston Elevated Railway, the new MTA map decal was affixed to the sides of the cars. The seating capacity on all War-time M.U. PCCs was reduced to 42 between 1942 and 1950 for the purpose of facilitating the movement of passengers within the cars.
New Model Pre-Order with MTA "egg' decal (late 1950s)
AVAILABLE BY SPECIAL ORDER: