The Montreal Tramways Co. was member of the Electric Railway President's Conference Committee but it had expressed little interest in the purchase of PCC cars prior to World War II. In the spring of 1942 MTC received approval from the Canadian Transit Controller to order 25 PCC cars, but in of June 1942 Montreal's order was reduced to 18 cars. The St.Louis Car Co. shipped the bodies for this order (Job 1640) in January-February 1944 and after completion at the CC&F the cars began arriving in Montral in February 1944, being numbered 3500-3517. They were built exactly to Toronto Transportation Commission Class A-4 specification, but had the dash illuminator cowl instead of a headlight. In March 1944 they were placed in service on route 29-Outremont, often referred to as the "Outremont Cars". The new cars proved succesful and the second order for 30 cars for Montreal was placed early in 1945 but was cancelled following the end of the war. The window guards were installed on the left side of the cars shortly after delivery.
In 1951 the Montreal Transportation Commission was formed and it decided to replace rail service with buses and trackless trolleys. The livery of the Montreal PCC remained almost unchaged after 1951, the Montreal Tramways logo was replaced by red "T".
Available by Pre-Order for Summer 2009 delivery Special.