Car 66 was built by Cincinnati Car Co. in 1929 as Dayton & Troy Railroad car 203. It was returned to Cincinnati Car Co. in 1932, and in 1938 it was sold to Lehigh Valley Transit as car 1102. In 1949 it was sold to Speedrail, but was not rehabilitated until March 1951. It was introduced on March 31, 1951 to public and press. It was refurbished in the Transport Company's Cold Spings Shop in the attractive orange, maroon and silver livery, new MRT winged logo was applied. A refurbished seats from ex-TM heavyweight 1100-series cars were installed as well as bullseye lighting. Often referred to as a "last hope car" by railfans, car 66 only ran for 3 months before the line was abandoned and then scrapped in 1952.
New Model Pre-Order