As part of the massive 1,000 bus conversion program in the mid 1950s, Philadelphia Transportation Co. acquired 350 GM TDH-5105 102" wide coaches between May and November 1956 (3500-3849 series). Extra coach 3850 was built for PTC in July 1957 to replace coach 3600 which was destoyed by fire. These buses had push type exit doors. With 650 96" wide coaches of TDH-5106 model delivered in 1955-56, these buses were the mainstay of the PTC and SEPTA fleet for many years.
May be produced with the PTC logo or with the SEPTA logo (please specify.)