1948/52 Glasgow Corporation Transport Cunarder Tram (1293-1392 series) - post 1955 livery.
Started 1954, cars 1337-1392 of the Cunarder class were transferred from Newlands depots to Govan depot and in later years Cunarders migrated from their traditional routes and depots to the remaining tram services. Started from 1954, the cars of the class saw further atlernatons: the livery treatment first applied to 1340 became standard for all Cunarders; the half-drop bow change windows were replaced by fixed glazing; the upper most bar of the three protective iron rails located below the lower saloon skirt panels was removed. Unfortunately, 25 members of the class were totally destroyed in the Dalmarnock depot fire on 22 March 1961. Only two cars were preserved after closure of the system: 1297 at the National Tramway Museum in Crich and 1392 in Glasgow.
In stock Re-Stock