1929 Georgia Power Co. Cincinnati Car Co.
Curved-side Car No. 496 "Frank L.Buttler"
The interurban system of the Georgia Power Co. at outbreak of the World Word II, consisted of two lines, each about 20 miles in length, the most travelled
Atlanta Northern Railway to Marietta and Stone Mountain line. With the coming of gas rationing, the Marietta line became hard pressed for cars and in 1941 the company acquired three curveside cars from Nashville-Franklin railway. Two of them (former Nos. 101 and 102) were built for Nashville-Franklin Railway in 1929 and third car was acquired in 1932 from Indianapolis & Souteastern Railroad Co. (former No. 104). This car had a smoking compartment. The ex-Nashville cars were refurbished, renumbered into the 494-496 series and were assigned to the Stone Mountain line. The line was closed in March 1948 and all cars were scrapped.
New Model Pre-Order