1946 Cleveland Transit System Pullmans-Standard PCC (Order W6750, 4200-4249 series)
On March 25, 1945 Cleveland Transit System (CTS) received the go-ahead from the Office of Defense Transportation to order 50 PCCs from Pullman-Standard. Known in Cleveland as 'Transitliners', the PCCs were delivered in August 1946 and were numbered 4200-4249. They were placed in service on Superior Ave. and off-peak only service on St.Clair Ave. lines. The service life of Pullman PCCs in Cleveland was short: in 1953 all 50 cars were sold to Toronto. The last PCC car to ran in Cleveland was 4223, which was chartered by group of railfans in March 1953 before shipment to Canada.
AVAILABLE BY SPECIAL ORDER
ADVERTISEMENTS SHOWN NOT INCLUDED.