In 1942 the British Columbia Electric Railway Co. approached the Federal Transit Controller with a request for 20 PCC cars for use on the Grandview - Fourth Ave. route. The order was approved but reduced to 17 cars which were delivered to Vacouver in early 1944. These cars were similar to Toronto Class A-4 cars built at the same time. The cars were numbered 404-420 and joined the small Vancouver PCC fleet of four cars used on short Kitsilano route. Fifteen more cars, numbered 421-435 arrived in 1945 and 32 PCC cars were used to modernize the Kingsway line.
The second paint scheme of the Vancouver PCC's was almost the same as orignal, but the X front entrance sign was replaced by larger cream triangles.
SOLD OUT-PRE ORDER ONLY