In October 1936 the Boston Elevated Railway placed an order for one sample PCC car with St.Louis Car Co. In May 1937 experimental car, numbered 3001, arrived in the Hub and it was first placed into operation on May 27 and spent two monthes on test runs and training. On June 24, 1937, the car, nicknamed "Queen Mary" by instructors and motormans, entered regular revenue service on the route between the Arborway-Forest Hills Stations and the Charles River loop in West Roxbury. Public reaction to the new car was very favorable, however all further Boston PCC car orders went to Pullman-Standard. In July 1949 the car went to Watertwon carhouse for a brief period and in June 1950 the "Queen Mary" went to inactive storage and was scrapped in February 1953.
The "stock" version represents the "as delivered" version with silver car numbers. The later version with black car numbers available on request, please specify with order.
Available by Special Order