Boston ordered more PCCs in April and May 1945, these cars were produced as extra to order W6710 and were delivered in late 1945 and early in 1946. As last 25 cars of the 1943 order with GE equipment (cars 3172-3196) they were built with all-steel roofs and all had Westinghouse motors and controls. These fifty cars were numbered 3222-3271 and they were fitted with super resilent wheels. The main difference between this group and other Wartime M.U. PCCs was a different arrangement of the roof walk boards. After the arrival of this last group of the MU PCCs, the earlier cars were transferred to the Arborway via Huntington avenue and Brighton-Newtown-Watertown routes.
AVAILABLE BY SPECIAL ORDER: