In July 1943 Boston Elevated Railway placed an additional order for 75 more PCC cars, fifty of them were built with a canvas roof and the last 25 cars of this order were built with steel roofs. The canvas roof cars were numbered 3072-3096 (WH) and 3147-3171 (GE). They were delivered to Boston in 1945 and had the silver painted roof. The main diffence to the first batch were drum brakes instead of the tread clasp brakes and the presence of the vent on the left side of the car.
AVAILABLE BY SPECIAL ORDER: