1945 ACF-Brill TC-44 (Kansas City Public Service 2401-2420 series) "as delivered" green and cream livery
The Kansas City Public Service opened its first two trolley coach lines in May 1938 using thirty-four Mack CR3S trolley coaches. Additional Macks and Twin Coaches were delivered between 1940 and 1942. During the war the KSPS ordered twenty coaches from ACF-Brill and they were delivered in August 1945 for use on route 41-Independence Avenue which was one of the first original trolley coach routes. They arrived in the regular Kansas City Public Service green and cream livery. This batch was numbered 2401-2420; the KSPS trolley coach roster was completed in 1947 when sixty Marmon-Herrington TC-44 were delivered. The ACF-Brills were in service until the end of operation on the route 41 at January 1959.
Available by Special Order