1945/46 Washington Capital Transit Co. St.Louis Car Co. PCC (Job 1647; 1540-1589 series) - original CTCo livery
Capital Transit had ordered 50 additional cars and 12 spare sets of Clark B-2 trucks in June 1944. The new cars were delivered to Washington between November 1945 and February 1946. Second set of standee windows cars had some improvements, such as next car light fitted next to the route number sign on the doorside, modified front sign route numbers, redesigned rear route number sign and redesigned window frames. Cars 1540-1564 had General Electric equipment and cars 1565-1589 were Westinghouse fitted.
Accepting Back Orders